2021 Operational LiDAR Inventory (OLI) Meeting
Virtual Zoom Meeting
April 7, 2021, 8am – 5pm PST
The 2021 OLI meeting will be virtual and the focus will be on the operational or near-operational usage of remote sensing technologies in forest inventory and mapping applications.
Click on any presentation title below to view a PDF of the presentation slides.
- Intro – Jacob Strunk, USFS, FIA
- S#1 – Plot Based Inventory (PBI): Area Based Estimation for Updating Minnesota’s Stand Level Inventory (lidar) – Jennifer Corcoran, Minnesota DNR
- S#2 – Bypassing Tree Growth Models to Predict Timber Harvest from Lidar – Tom Baribault, Mason, Bruce and Girard
- S#3 – Predictive Forest Inventory in British Columbia: A Test Site for Advancing Forest Inventory Methods – Quinn Geoffrey, BC Forest, Lands and Natural Resources Operations
- S#4 – OSU Academic Program – Temesgen Hailemariam, OSU
- S#5 – MT Academic Program – David Affleck, UMT
- S#6 – UW Academic Program – Monika Moskal, UW
- S#7 – UW SEFS McIntire-Stennis Internal Research Proposals – Monika Moskal, UW
- S#8 – Field Measurements from Mobile Lidar Scanning – Andrew Sanchez-Meador, Northern Arizona University
- S#9 – Lidar Modeling Analysis in South Carolina – Jacob Strunk, USDA Forest Service, FIA
- S#10 – Operational Forest Inventory of Mature Douglas-fir Stands Using Mobile Lidar – Bogdon Strimbu and Chu Qi, Oregon State University
- S#11 – Stand development simulation using LiDAR generated tree characteristics in a Tree and Stand Simulator (TASS) –Sharad Baral and Jeff Stone, BC FLNR
- S#12 – Species-composition Modeling Using Lidar and Spectral Indices – Francisco Mauro Gutierrez, Oregon State University
- S#13 – HRIS Forest Inventory Reliability Metrics – Understanding the Variable Spatial Accuracy of Your Stand Attribute Models – Cassidy Rankine
- S#14 – Individual Tree Detection LiDAR Inventories – Mike Parlow, Forsite Consultants
- Bonus presentation – Introduction to Google Earth Engine –Zhiqiang Yang, USFS Rocky Mountain Research Station
2021 OLI Meeting Recordings
Click here to view the 2021 OLI Meeting Recordings (password is required).
If you registered for the 2021 OLI Meeting then you will receive an email from WFCA with the password to view the recordings. If you did not register for the event, please see the registration information below on how to gain access to the recordings. Please use the OLI contact form if you have any questions.
If you didn’t register for the event you can still register for access to view the recordings, the Registration Pricing is shown below:
- Regular Virtual Registration: $50
- Student Virtual Registration: Free
To register, please visit the event registration page and click the red “Click Here to Register” button.