2023 Joint Meeting of Southern and Northern Mensurationists (SOMENS & NEMO)
We are excited to announce the 2023 joint meeting of SOMENS and NEMO. The conference will be held at the University of Tennessee, Knoxville from October 8 – 10 (Sun. – Tue.).
Call for abstracts:
Topics in forest measurements, forest modeling, forest inventory, remote sensing applications in forestry, and quantitative forest management are welcome. The meeting will include a special session focused on projects which aim to explore and expand upon the uses of the data produced by the USDA Forest Service, Forest Inventory and Analysis (FIA) program. For example, we welcome presentations on:
- Small area estimation
- Sampling and survey non-response
- Volume, biomass and carbon modelling
- Harvesting and wood flow
- Ecosystem services and non-timber forest products
We are open to not only research work but also projects in forest practice. Students who have preliminary results are encouraged to present. Only oral presentations will be given this year.
Submit your abstract via the link (https://forms.office.com/r/2t09tiD0c0), no later than September 8th, 2023 (EST).
Scientific and organizing committee:
- Sheng-I Yang, University of Tennessee
- Bronson Bullock, University of Georgia
- Thomas Brandeis, USDA Forest Service, Southern Research Station
- Aaron Weiskittel, University of Maine
- Corey Green, Virginia Tech
- KaDonna Randolph, USDA Forest Service, Southern Research Station
- Day 0 – October 8 (Sun.)
- 4:00 pm – 7:00 pm: Check-in at the hotel (Cumberland House Knoxville)
- Days 1 and 2 – October 9 and 10 (Mon. – Tue.)
- 08:00 am – 12:00 pm: Breakfast, check in, presentations and breaks
- 12:00 pm – 01:30 pm: Lunch
- 01:30 pm – 05:00 pm: Presentations and breaks (may end earlier on October 10)
- 06:00 pm – 08:00 pm: Reception and banquet (October 9 only)
A block of lodging rooms has been held at a discounted rate of $169 per night (plus taxes and fees) at the Cumberland House Knoxville. You must book before September 8th, 2023 to get this rate. Reserve the rooms at https://www.hilton.com/en/attend-my-event/tyschup-somens-8a1b400d-5dce-4369-ba69-0f2e1e7f7959/ or call the hotel at +1 865-971-4663. The hotel may be able to offer a limited number of rooms at the government rate if you are state or federal employees. Contact the hotel directly for more information.
Registration and other details will be announced shortly.
Please feel free to email Sheng-I Yang if you have any questions or concerns.
We are looking forward to seeing you this fall in Tennessee!